Monday, August 4, 2014

East Coast Cup of Tea



Whew! I am trying to blog on a regular schedule, but I've been one busy mumma! In the midst of all the things going on in my little world, I've started a new project in hopes to earn a little extra income. If you follow me on Facebook, you may have already been introduced to my new page East Coast Cup of Tea. I am doing mostly "rustic" signs, but also plan on including some digital files to print or framed prints, as well as some other items.

http://www.facebook.com/eastcoastcupoftea

It was all inspired by Pants, Pallets, and Pinterest.

 I love all the DIY projects on Pinterest...and I'm not alone, so one day, I mentioned to Pants that I'd love to have a few pallets. He told me he could get them for me when he got a chance and I left it at that...a month or so went by, and then one day I was sitting on my living room floor coloring with Goose and GirlBaby when I heard a truck pull up...

Imagine my surprise when I  looked out the front window to find a flat bed tractor trailer with a TON of pallets. They were friends of Pants, and I tried explaining that I just wanted a few pallets to try a couple projects with....their response was amused laughter and to unload the pallets around back where he had asked them to put them. All 100 of them. ONE HUNDRED pallets!

Both of my girls watched amazed, with big eyes, and I called Pants and told him there were approximately a million pallets and they were in huge stacks in the back yard. He laughed, but I don't think he thought there were THAT many.

Pants came home from work, and I could tell he was surprised too, and when he went to count there were 100. We've shared, we've burned some, and there are still quite a few, so in an attempt to clear out the pallets (and hopefully earn a little extra money!) I've started creating some signs etc. So far, so good because I'm really enjoying it! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment