Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos




Time for me to put in my oPINion again!

 I recently pinned a recipe for slow cooker cream cheese taquitos. (See it here!) I was skeptical since it seemed so simple, especially because some recipes seem a little bland to me, but I enjoyed it. They are perfect snack food, and both girls liked them too. I have already thought of a bunch of different ways to "kick it up a notch". I made the chicken the night before when I made chicken for dinner, and when it was done I put it in the fridge to use the next day, and it was very tasty! We dipped them in a salsa and a queso blanco dip. Yum!

I hope that you will give these a try and let me know what you thought either in a comment or on Facebook!

*UPDATE: I've made these a couple more times and we prefer the sharp cheddar cheese.*


Ingredients:


  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt + pepper
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • ⅓ cup water
  • ½ cup shredded colby or Mexican blend cheese (Next time I will use sharp cheddar)
  • 12 6 inch corn or flour tortillas (we used flour)
  • optional: cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings as desired (we like salsa or queso dip!)

How to:


Add chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, and water to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
minutes before serving, remove chicken from crock pot, shred with two forks, and return to slow cooker. Give it a stir. Let it cook about 15 minutes longer.

Preheat oven to 400. Place about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, until tortillas are slightly browned and shredded cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings and sauces.

1 comment:

  1. We make something similar at work but we call them crispitos...very yummy!

    ReplyDelete